ADMISSIONS & ENROLLMENT
2017-2018 Academic School Year
Thank you for your interest in joining the Hope Charter Leadership Family! Here at Hope Charter Leadership Academy we provide a nurturing and empowering environment for your young leaders. In addition to quality teachers and instruction, Hope Charter offers a key component to helping shape a well-rounded student as well as a contributing citizen of our society, our leadership curriculum. We value our loving, family-oriented environment, and encourage high parent involvement.
All students eligible for enrollment in a North Carolina Public School are eligible for enrollment at Hope Charter Leadership Academy. Initial applications for the 2017-2018 school year were made available January 5, 2017.
The enrollment window is open from January 5, 2017 to March 2, 2017 at 4:00 pm. At that time, it will be determined if we have more applications than spaces available for each grade level. If there are more applicants than space available, a lottery will be held to determine admission and a waiting list showing the order of entry. The lottery will be held Saturday, March 11, 2017.
Any applications that are received after the March 2, 2017 deadline will be added to the waiting list in the order that they are received.
Please note: Kindergarten applicants MUST be the age of 5 by August 31st of the school year for which you are enrolling your child.
Click here to : ENROLL ONLINE
Click here to: View/Print Enrollment Calendar and Initial Application
Important Enrollment Notes
- If there are fewer applicants than slots available, all applicants will be admitted.
- The initial enrollment request form will be used to enter your child into the Hope Charter Leadership Academy Lottery for the 2017-2018 academic school year.
- If there are more applicants than available slots a public lottery will be held on Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 10 AM in the school’s auditorium. You DO NOT HAVE to be present to be selected for admittance.
- Students not admitted through the lottery will be placed on a waitlist according to the receipt date of their application. If a slot becomes available we will contact families in order of their waitlist number in an expedient manner.
- Students who are enrolling in Kindergarten must be the age of 5 by August 31, 2017. If you have questions regarding enrollment age, please contact the enrollment coordinator at email@example.com.
- Families selected for admittance to Hope Charter Leadership Academy must read and agree to follow Hope Charter Leadership Academy’s policies and procedures as outlined in the school’s handbook.
- HCLA students are expected to be neat, clean, and dressed in the school’s uniform of navy blue or khaki colored pants, and navy blue, royal blue, orange, or white collared tops, with neutral colored shoes every day. The appearance of students is conducive to learning and reflect the seriousness commitment of our learning environment and leadership culture.
- Hope Charter Leadership Academy strongly encourages parents and guardians to participate in 50% of scheduled EAGLE meets. EAGLE meets occur at the beginning and end of 1st quarter, the end of 2nd quarter, the beginning and end of 3rd quarter, and the beginning of 4th quarter. EAGLE meets are when parents/guardians, teachers, and staff come together to look at the progress and growth of our children, and reset academic goals. In EAGLE meets, parents and guardians create their own goal for their child and identify how they can help their child meet these goals.